We all like a bit of pampering from time to time and one of the best ways to relax is having a massage! But massage is not only relaxing it can be beneficial in many different ways!
What are the different types of massage?
- Swedish massage- A relaxing massage that can help remove some tension and circulation.
- Aromatherapy Massage- A standard relaxing massage using blends of aromatherapy oils to help relax, revitalise or improve a sense of well being.
- Hot stone Massage- A massage incorporating hot stones to help sooth and relax muscles and improve circulation
- Deep tissue Massage- Works on deeper muscles to help improve flexibility.
- Sports Massage- A step above deep tissue massage working mainly on manipulation of muscles and joints helping to relieve tension from strains and injuries.
- Indian Head Massage- An alternative medicine massage to help balance Chakras. The back, neck, head and face are massaged to manipulate and clear energy channels helping to provide a sense of well being.
- Reiki- A healing technique where the therapist transfers his or her energy into the client to restore physical and mental well being.
So what are the benefits of these massages?
- Relaxes entire body.
- Increases blood oxygen.
- Improves circulation.
- Decreases toxins within muscles.
- Eases tension.
Swedish massage is best suited to those with slight tension and in need of a bit of TLC.
- Extremely Relaxing
- Promotes circulation
- Helps Tissue recovery
- Reduces pain
- Eases negative feelings such as anxiety and stress
- Calms the mind
- Promotes restful sleep
Aromatherapy best suits those looking for pure tranquillity.
Hot Stone Massage
- Provides relief from muscular pains caused from arthritis, carpal tunnel and other chronic problems.
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves circulation
- Decreases Muscle spasms
- Deep Relaxation
Hot stone Massage benefits those with muscular conditions and those looking for deep relaxation.
Deep Tissue Massage
- Releases chronic muscle tension especially in deeper muscles
- Can reduce high blood pressure
- Boosts mood and relaxation
- Helps with pain from bad posture
- Can help improve posture
Deep tissue is beneficial to those with poor posture and general muscular aches and pains
- Geared towards athletes
- Can help to relax muscles before a sporting event
- Aids with tension after a sporting event
- Reduces tension from joints
- Helps to heal and prevent injury
- Reduces fatigue
- Promotes flexibility
- Reduces knots and tension
- Relieves chronic pain
Sports Massage is best suited to those who have chronic pain in muscles and joints as a result from a sporting activity. It is also beneficial to those with bad posture and spent a lot of time seated but bent over.
Indian head Massage
- Helps balance chakras
- Relieves tension
- Removes headaches
- Releases endorphins
- Improves physical and mental well being
- Deeply relaxing
Indian head massage is best suited to those feeling strong emotions and in need of relaxation.
- Reduces stress
- Relieves tension
- Extremely relaxing
- Promotes wholeness of mind, body and soul
- Helps improve mental and spiritual well being
Reiki Massage is best suited to clients who need uplifting and relaxing.
There are many types of massage to suit everyone’s needs and concerns. Whether its muscle tension or a sense of well being massage can help improve the majority of problems a client may have!
We offer all these massages from fully trained therapists with an extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology to ensure you benefit from your massage!